Apr 01 2010

Miracles still happen! or, We Win!

Published by Reesa at 4:33 pm under health, me vs. cancer = I win

We got the pathology report back. Other than the masses themselves, all of the other tissue they took tested negative for metastasis. None of the skin, nipple, 14 lymph nodes, or any of surrounding margin tissue. This is about as good a news as we could possibly have gotten given this situation. Thanks again for all your prayers and good thoughts, I honestly couldn’t have done it without all of you. There are still hurdles ahead in recovery, but the prognosis looks good.

Me vs. cancer = I Win!

6 Responses to “Miracles still happen! or, We Win!”

1. Derekon 01 Apr 2010 at 6:12 pm

YEEEEESSSSS!!!!!

Cancer never stood a chance against the collective thoughts and prayers of our friends and family and so many others around the world! We sank an island and destroyed cancer! HA!

2. Maryon 01 Apr 2010 at 6:54 pm

Hallelujah!!!!!!!!!!!! Amen!!!!!!!! An answer to prayers of so many!!!!!! I am so happy and love you so much!!!!!!

3. Skennedyon 01 Apr 2010 at 7:08 pm

Well, you win anyway. But I’m awfully relieved. :)

4. Kit O'Connellon 01 Apr 2010 at 7:58 pm

I know I am not in your life anymore, but I have been following on your Fan Page and sending positive energy you’re way. I am extremely relieved your prognosis is looking so good, and I hope your health improves by leaps and bounds.

5. Cynthia Mooreon 02 Apr 2010 at 12:27 pm

Oh, this is just wonderful news. Take that, cancer, and go away! You win; we all win!

Just t [prove there is wonderful magic in the warm and wonderful springtime air, my son picked the phone last night and there was his birthmother on the phone! Ken’s been searching off and on for several years and just on impulse sent a message to someone on Facebook that he thought looked like the one picture we have…same first name, different last name. Turned out he was right.

It’s enough to turn this old cynic all mushy. And very happy.

6. Reesaon 03 Apr 2010 at 6:47 pm

Thanks everyone!

@Derek - I’m looking forward to the post about the importance of personal mythology in the healing process, hehe.

@Cynthia - Cheers to your own good news, I hope the reunion goes well for Ken. Kudos for his detective skills!