Jan 12 2008
- “What is the 21st-Century Novel?” (co-written) (first presented September 26, Arse Elektronika 2008 in San Francisco, CA, and published in the 2009 RE/search and monochrom anthology Do Androids Sleep With Electric Sheep?
- “The Reap Assessors” (August 2008: Triangulation: Taking Flight, PARSEC)
- “Memory Box” (December 2008: Unspeakable Horror: From the Shadows of the Closet anthology, Dark Scribe Press) Unspeakable Horror won the 2009 Bram Stoker Award for the anthology category.
Sold April 2008; Paid August 2008; Published August 2008
Sold Dec 2007; paid April 2008; Published December 2008
On the internet:
- “Minuet for Inkwell and Lectern” (published on this site January 2009)
ARF Projects (Alternate Reality Fiction)
- The Continuous Coast Project - Originally created with the help of Steven Brust, Kit O’Connell, and many, many more)
- This project has been put on hold due to significant restructuring of the core creative team; it is not inexorably dead, as some former contributors would have you believe. If you’d like to be part of the CC rebirth, send me an email at reesa @ thissite’sname dot com!
- “Caverna of the Balance” (short story published December 2008 on continuouscoast.com)
- “Rescue Ride” (mini-serial short story in 5 parts published January 2009 on continuouscoast.com)
Works in circulation
- “Juno Februa”
- “Hollow Specter”
- “Hollow Promises”
- “Healing Hippolyta”
- “Woman In Snow”
- “The Entirely Explainable Expiration of Elmer the Cat”
- “Flowers in the Desert”
- novel-in-progress, second draft in progress
- ongoing weird meta blog project Chrysalis, designed to complete one novel and start another (among other goals). There’ll be a link on the site compiling the entries soon, in the meantime you can follow the entries tagged “callie” to catch up.
- non-fictional blogging of recent cancer experiences, links to entries found on the Cancer Chronicles section of this site in chronological posting order (not always in order of experience)
- next novel pre-writing stage: research and characterization
- “Immortality Creeps”
- “Bubba’s Run”
- “If A Picture Is Worth 1000 Words, What’s 1000 Years?”
- “Your Vote Matters!”
- “Abortion In Three Acts”
- a triptych of prison/prisoner stories
- Ramayana/prostitution story currently in research, untitled
- several short story snippets that could become full stories with a bit of work
- This doesn’t mention the 5 single-spaced pages of poem and story ideas that could demand brain space at any time, nor all the writing ideas I hide in my LJ and forget to tag. I think that should keep me busy for at least a month or three more, yes?